Director Purchasing & Marketing
Waar hebben we het over?
Kooyman is op weg naar een volgende fase. Van traditioneel retail naar (uiteraard) meer digitaal. Van onderbuik naar data, van brochure naar e-com. In deze functie ben je lid van het management team en ben je verantwoordelijk voor een aantal teams waaronder: Marketing (-communicatie), Category management, Data management.
Een prachtige uitdaging voor een empathische, hands-on visionair, die graag in het Caribisch gebied reist en in alle lagen van de organisatie, dus ook op de werkvloer, collega's weet te motiveren.
Wat betekent leven in de Caribean?
Ik spreek uit eigen ervaring en vertel er graag meer over. Je moet uiteraard van zon, zee en witte stranden houden, en daaromheen de prachtige natuur. Maar ook van fijne restaurants, lokaal en internationaal. Vanzelfspekend is een fantastisch klimaat!.
The Purchasing & Marketing Director is independently responsible for the commercial aspect of the store formula and is, together with the Senior Manager Operations, responsible for the implementation of the total store formula in all its aspects.
- Category management
- B2B en B2C
... is een must voor dit prachtige profiel.
Wat ga je doen?
- Manage and lead the Category Managers and the Marketing Manager;
- Motivate, coach and supervise the Category Managers and the Marketing Manager in the execution of the work;
- Inform, coordinate and check the work and regularly hold work meetings regarding the progress of the work;
- Steer based on KPI’s (performance indicators) to achieve the organizational objectives and report the results achieved to the CEO and advise on corrective measures if necessary;
- The supervision, training on the job and coaching of Category Managers in such a way that the continuity of the Category Management function is always guaranteed;
- Manage the Category Managers with regard to sourcing, purchasing negotiation, pricing and quoting, order assignments, financial aspects and relationships with suppliers;
- Discuss the marketing strategies with the Marketing Manager to achieve the organizational objectives.
- Relationship management
- Maintain good contacts with (strategic) suppliers, and managing the (framework) contracts with strategic partners in the field of purchasing;
- Maintain and strengthen the (present) internal and external contacts with key accounts and ensure coordination of needs and wishes with the market.
- To a large extent determine the look of the store formula based on the choice of width and depth of products and assortments, pricing, in-store promotions and other marketing communication means;
- Responsible for the control and continuous optimization of the essential KPIs of Category Management.;
- Determine the (business) objectives in the field of purchasing, marketing, promotion policy and product profitability;
- Prepare and maintain a long-term purchasing and marketing plan and determine the periodic review and adjustment of the purchasing and marketing plan;
- Investigate the market developments of existing and new product / market combinations and enter new markets with the store formula and existing markets with new parts of the store formula.
- Take care of a documented assortment classification of the branches and making the information available within the organization;
- (Monthly) report of the purchase and sales results and developing action plans based on this to the CEO;
- In consultation with the Marketing subdepartment, initiate and coordinate commercial information meetings for selected customer groups, in order to provide additional support for products and / or product groups in accordance with predetermined objectives;
- Evaluate suppliers in terms of innovative strength, product price, quality and delivery times.
- Together with the CEO, CFO, Senior Manager Operations, Senior Manager HRM and Senior Manager Supply Chain, the Director Commerce forms the Management Team of the Company Group. The Management team oversees the day-to-day management of the company and is jointly responsible for implementing the strategy, translating it into policy and the resulting business performance.
- The Director Commerce is authorized to delegate and control the duties of those under its responsibility ;
- Independently entering financial obligations in the field of purchasing and marketing as laid down in the procuration scheme;
- Make independently agreements with customers that are irrevocable for the organization;Approve and sign declarations (travel and accommodation costs) of the Category Managers and Marketing Manager;
- Approve sales to staff in accordance with the criteria indicated in the procuration scheme.
Wat breng je mee?
- Academic / Bachelor thinking and working level;
- Minimum NIMA B, preferably NIMA C or equivalent level;
- Knowledge of process management systems;
- Extensive hands-on experience with Category Management, being responsible for and controlling the total chain from purchasing a package of goods to retail sales in accordance with the principles of a store formula;
- Experience with and extensive product knowledge of at least a part of the DIY store assortment or of a wide range of building materials;
- Several years of (international) commercial managerial experience in a medium-sized retail company;
- Experience with the design and implementation of structured marketing communication plans within the retail, marketing communication tools, policy contacts with advertising agencies;
- Good communication skills in oral and writing in English, Dutch.
- Strategic thinker, vision of retail combined with a good hands-on mentality;
- Hard worker, go-getter, performance-oriented and ambitious;
- Inspirational leader who sees managing professionals as a challenge;
- Ideally focused on the customer, commercially very proactive;
- Self-starter, innovative and change-minded;
- Enough analytical skills and numerical knowledge to draw the right conclusions and act based on figures;
- Able to adapt to and deal with other cultures / mentality / way of thinking;
- Stress resistant.